We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality Assurance Software Engineer.
What will you do…
- Developing and executing comprehensive test plans.
- Performing test cases to verify functionality, data integrity, security, and overall usability.
- Test planning and test preparation by creating detailed test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Test execution of test scripts, documenting results, tracking defects, troubleshooting defects and issues that arise out of testing and regression testing.
- Analyze manual test cases and functional specifications to determine the best approach for test automation.
- Incorporate front-end and back-end automated testing tools and use them extensively to support regression testing efforts.
- Execute tests scripts for functional and regression testing for various projects/ releases.
- Analyze test results to report defects and issues found during the test run.
- Lead efforts to increase the value of testing by understanding what to test, what not to test and when testing should be done.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience testing web and mobile applications, web services, and desktop-based systems.
- Experience with all phases of software testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, and Release Management).
- Waterfall or Agile and Scrum methodology experience.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to independently drive processes.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with requirements reviews with product analysts, developers, QA Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex Enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation, and test case execution.
- Solid experience with software technologies including .NET, C#, HTML, and XML.
- Solid experience with MS SQL databases and MS SQL scripting.
- Knowledge of Coded UI a plus.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2022.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.