We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Systems Engineer
What will you do…
- You will be responsible for configuration, maintenance, and ensuring optimal operation of a highly available SaaS environment with a strong emphasis on networking and automation.
- You’ll participate in architecture enhancement and scalability projects while you work hand in hand with development, QA and DevOps.
- You’ll help drive fundamental change to align with best practices that leverage modern methods to mature our CI/CD process.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- A bachelor’s or master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in IT operations supporting Windows and Linux.
- 3+ years of experience as a network engineer designing WAN and LAN architecture.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts, tunneling, switching and routing protocols.
- Experience with network admin, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Experience with Firewalls.
- Experience in automation using PowerShell, Bash/SH, Python, or Ruby is a plus, willingness to learn is a major plus.
- Experience using config & provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet is a plus.
- Experience using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, is a plus.
- Experience in a DevOps role is a plus.
- Experience supporting BI environments is a major plus.
- Experience coding is a major plus.
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer is a major plus.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2022.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.