We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Solutions Engineer.
What will you do…
- Create tools and solutions to manage and monitor our rapidly growing operations.
- Be involved in the real-time assessment of issues and help develop solutions.
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk and increase efficiencies.
- Automate processes and sub-processes to enable greater scale and speed.
- Maintaining our existing code.
- Take part in performance & capacity monitoring and planning.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions when possible, to meet customer’s business needs.
- Assist Client Services teams with technical solutions in new client implementations.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a real-time operational processing environment.
- Have proficiency in multiple coding/scripting languages-Java, Perl, Bash, SQL.
- Experience with data flow and queue management using tools like Kafka and Flume.
- Experience with relational databases –PostgreSQL, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Exposure to NoSQL/Big Data: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of storage systems and formats.
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management.
- Experience in Linux SysAdmin.
- Hands-on experience with a CI/CD environment.
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS.
- Command of Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).as well as Amazon Workspaces, last pass, Atlassian-Jira, Trello, Lucid Charts, Box, Google Drive, Google Sheets.
- Experience with AWS and EC2 instances.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools like Chef or Puppet.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2022.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.