We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Training Manager.
What will you do…
- This position will personalize training for the various departments and assist with the seamless transition for the employees to begin working. Training/curriculum responsibilities besides instruction include the development of content and tools to support operational excellence relative to best practices, policies, customer service, communication, workflow, reporting, and metrics.
- The Training Manager will assist the team in building a relationship with new employees and help with the transition to their departments. The role is not limited to instructional design and development; it will grow to include: needs/gap analysis, course/class implementation and evaluation, the use of various training solutions. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to giving high-level customer service. This individual must also be a strong team player and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with end users, subject matter experts, and senior leaders.
- Implements training strategies with direct impact on business results.
- Develops engaging learning reinforcement leveraging short videos, audio podcasts, quizzing and gamification concepts.
- Takes ownership and accountability for final deliverables and resolves issues to achieve own work objectives.
- Alerts others when a particular process is not working and recommends solutions.
- Supervises and coordinates local resources for training as some training will need to be externally provided.
- Ensure training meets quality standards and expectations of internal clients and corporation.
- Manage the Continuing Education Program.
- Manage the reporting on Training and Educational Programs.
- Manages costs and ensures corporate guidelines are adhered to.
- Provide appropriate soft skill courses including appropriate communication and email etiquette.
- Personalize training activities for the various hiring positions and departments (Customer Service vs QA).
- Assist with a seamless transition for the employees to begin working in their departments.
- Assist in managing the Global Onboarding Program which includes sessions on new hire orientation, customer service, information systems, departments, and quality systems as well as many others on SOPs, documentation, validation, and safety.
- Provides active insight and where needed leadership for program revisions to new hire training, training agenda or curriculum as necessary.
- Attends internal calibration sessions to ensure program compliance and balance.
- Maintains positive, consistent and effective communication with staff, peers and senior management.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- Candidate should have minimum 3-5 years work experience in the training and/or learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with coursework in management, training, education, psychology or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in the Information technology industry.
- 2 years of experience in Curriculum Development.
- Training and Development Management: 2 years.
- Experience working with training developers, program subject matter experts, technical support and others to assure training materials are effective.
- Command of Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe software, Instructional Design as well as Amazon Workspaces, Last Pass, Atlassian-Jira, Trello, Lucid Charts, Box, Google Drive, Google Sheets.
- Experience in Learning Management System (LMS) technology such as Moodle, XML, HTML.
- Ability to clearly communicate in oral and written form, and deal effectively with diverse groups to accomplish the objectives.
- Ability to assist with scheduling, preparing for and participating in quality assurance checks on training materials that have been developed.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint) skills required.
- Highly organized and strong detail-orientation.
- Ability to coordinate complex and interrelated projects.
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to achieve objectives.
- Strong instructional design experience; detail and solution-oriented.
- Must be able to interact with team members and stakeholders in a problem-solving, constructive manner.
- Ability to think strategically/creatively and juggle multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment with the flexibility & adaptability to change priorities as needed.
- Engaging presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate, adapt and follow up;solutions-oriented.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2022.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.